Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bobble Me Johnny (ha ha)






So yesterday night I went to a 6oth Birthday celebration for my ex-boss, Johnny Lee.
We have known each other since 1996, when he moved me down to work at EMI/Capitol Records as an A.D.
We became really good friends, to the point where I consider Johnny part of my extended family down here in L.A.

As part of my tribute to him, I gave him the ultimate personalized gift you can give anyone...themselves!..or at least in the form of a custom made bobblehead.
I have done this on 2 other occasions, where I ordered online on a site called whoopassenterprises.com.
Usually the likeness is sorta close, but they always go over really well.

I actually was able to "do it right" this time, by designing and constructing a box with it.
The sides have his key album covers on them, Inside is a Hollywood scene background, and finallly the back has a timeline with key dates pulled out.

Highly recommend having this done for anyone having a significant Birthday celebration. (well at least the the people who you like!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, great job on the packaging.

joven orozco said...

wow! too cool. gotz to get one!